Friday, December 23, 2011

The Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

I put of buying a copy of The Clockwork Prince for some time after I'd discovered that it was out.  I'd loved Clare's first trilogy but was not overly impressed with the book that preceded this one in her new trilogy.  Then I started reading reviews that compared the storytelling to an Austen novel and became intrigued enough to order a copy.  I disagree that this is anything like a Jane Austen story.  It did, however, feel more akin to the excellent storytelling that hooked me when reading her "City" trilogy.  I'm not going to say much about it but that I really enjoyed it and was always looking for excuses to pick up the book.  I am now looking forward to the next book and will probably re-read the other five when it comes out.  Brava! Cassandra Clare got her groove back!

No comments:

Post a Comment