Friday, March 2, 2012

A Little YA Fiction

I'm a bit behind in updating this blog but I've been reading plenty! I finished the last book I said I was going to tackle, Grave Mercy: His Fair Assassin, Book I (His Fair Assassin Trilogy) by Robin LaFevers. It was okay. As indicated in the title, it is book one of a series so it's mainly a set-up for stories to come. As such, it was not bad and I think the series as a whole will end up being pretty good. Who wouldn't like a series set in 15th century Brittany revolving around a group of young female assassins trained by nuns?

Last week I went to the store to buy dog food, with absolutely no intention of buying any more books. I failed. I got a copy of Blood Red Road (Dustlands) by Moira Young. I started reading it as soon as I finished the last book and I hardly put it down. I really enjoyed it. I think it caught my interest because I'm getting a little excited about the Hunger Games movie. The heroine of this story, Saba, could definitely give Katniss a run for her money. It sounds like the movie rights for this book have already been optioned and it'll make a great film someday!

Then, I just finished reading Point, Click, Love: A Novel by Molly Shapiro. Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment