Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The Shepherdess of Siena by Linda Lafferty

The Shepherdess of SienaThe Shepherdess of Siena by Linda Lafferty

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


As someone who loved horses as a young girl, I could relate to the main character a little bit. Of course, it was okay for me to ride and not scandalous. Wonderful story paralleling the Di'Medici reign of Tuscany. The only problems I have with historical fiction is plucking the fact from the fiction. It makes the story interesting but I'd almost rather the two be separate. Aside from that, this story was vibrant with wonderful, actualized characters. I would recommend this to anyone interested in history, Italy, horses, or art. Very enjoyable read.

This review is in exchange for a free-galley from Netgalley.com.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment