Thursday, January 21, 2016

Review: My Life on the Road

My Life on the Road My Life on the Road by Gloria Steinem
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Although she's had a profound influence on the lives of modern women, this is my first concentrated exposure to any of Steinem's work. I never read Ms. magazine but about halfway though this book I ended up signing up for their newsletters. I was a little surprised that this book took place so much in the 70's and 80's but really had no good reason for this. It's a story of her life, not her present moments. She has some wonderful stories about the people she's met over the years. The ones I enjoyed the most were not her stories about them but the stories they shared with her. I confess, this book gave me a hankering to hit the road again and learn something about this country I don't already know.

This review is in exchange for a free copy received through GoodReads First Reads.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment