Saturday, June 4, 2016

Review: Star Wars: Bloodline

Star Wars: Bloodline Star Wars: Bloodline by Claudia Gray
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I haven't read a lot of the non-movie books in the Star Wars canon. The few I've read haven't overly impressed me. This one is this the best I've read so far. It ends shortly before Episode VII begins so you get the story that leads up to that point. It's very political, which makes it interesting to read right now, as the inanity seems to be universal.
One element I enjoyed seeing touched on (since I first heard it mentioned in Kevin Smith's Clerks) was the discussion of collateral damage and civilian casualties that were incurred during all the past fighting.
The only problem I had with this book (minor spoiler) is that there is a terrorist attack that is referred to as the "napkin bombing." Just not a good name.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment