Sunday, January 22, 2012

Holy Moley!

Argh. It's been 11 days since I posted anything.  Here's what happened. I started reading this book called Your Presence is Requested at Suvanto.  I really wanted to like it because it was published by a local publishing company.  Obviously, that didn't happen.  It was a struggle for me to get a third of the way through before I gave up.  I was very bored by the story and as far as I could tell, it wasn't ever going to get to the point.  I did not get rid of the book, it's back on my shelf waiting for the time in my life when I might be patient enough to get through it and find its message. 

I haven't been reading much the last few days since I've been obsessing over the return of Downton Abbey.  I absolutely LOVE this show! 

I did start a new book.  I am not very far into it but, Holy Moley!! It's impressive so far.  The book is The Time in Between by Maria Dueñas.  Please leave comments if you've read this book or are reading it.  I'd love to discuss it.  I'm less than 50 pages in but it is very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment