Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Night Circus

I recently finished reading The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. This story is an absolute gift of wonder! I love these stories that bring your imagination out of hibernation and create their own little universe. I'd be interested in seeing this as a movie, if it were put in the right hands. I think we have sufficient technology that someone like Guillermo del Toro could do it justice.

Right now, I'm reading Rose: My Life in Service to Lady Astor by Rosina Harrison. I wasn't really in the mood to read this but my mom bought it and dropped it off at my house and said I could read it before her. That kind of put the pressure on to get to it so she could read it as soon as possible. I'm on page 80 out of 354 and it's quite good so far. Harrison is a very engaging storyteller. My only beef is the chapters are so long there's really no good place to pause.

No comments:

Post a Comment