Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Testing (The Testing, #1)The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


It feels like the YA dystopian field has been pretty much exhausted. Everyone seems to want to write (and read) this stuff but it feels like it's all been said and there's not much room for originality anymore. This book had a lot in common with The Hunger Games with a little bit of Matched thrown in. There were some new elements but the similarities were a bit distracting. This makes it sound like I hated it but I didn't. It was still an entertaining read and I will probably finish the trilogy when it comes out. This book may get a lot of readers but I'm not sure it will retain everyone through the storyline when they might just choose to re-read Hunger Games instead.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment