Thursday, December 19, 2013

Boundary Waters (Cork O'Connor, #2)Boundary Waters by William Kent Krueger

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I don't normally read mysteries because they generally seem to disappoint me. As he's from my home state, I've heard a lot of people talking and raving about Krueger so I decided to give this series a shot when someone left this book in the break room at work. I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised. The problem I have with mysteries is that I don't like them if I can figure them out. I consider it a sign of poor writing if you know the ending too early. I don't think I'm giving a spoiler to state that Krueger gets around the problem very well by revealing the "who done it" earlier in the story and spending the rest on how to deal with the information. I thought that was a good solution and made an already interesting story seem even more well-crafted.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment