Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Outpost by Christopher Hill

Outpost: Life on the Frontlines of American Diplomacy: A MemoirOutpost: Life on the Frontlines of American Diplomacy: A Memoir by Christopher R. Hill

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


When I heard about this book, I thought it would be interesting to learn about how the life of a diplomat works but I expected it to be somewhat dry and boring in the telling. Quite the opposite with this book. Well, half opposite, it was still very interesting. This book covers the entire span of Hill's career, starting with the Peace Corp on up to his time in Iraq in 2009. It's a good look at how this portion of the political machine operates as well as being a fascinating snapshot of some pivotal moments in recent history.

This review is based on a free copy obtained from GoodReads First Reads.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment