Monday, September 18, 2017

Review: The Book of Esther

The Book of Esther The Book of Esther by Emily Barton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have to admit, I don't know much about Jewish folklore or the religion in general. At times while reading this I felt a bit out of my dept but the author still made the story accessible for any ignorant fool, such as myself. That said, it is fiction, so you don't have to worry too much about not knowing your facts. An interesting aspect I enjoyed is that it was very easy to get suspended in time. It felt like this should have been taking place in the distant past and then something would happen to bring you back to the 1930's, or the more modern age in general. A lot of interesting topics are covered in this book, including what it means to be a woman and what makes up our humanity. Really interesting story.

This review is in exchange for a free copy received from bloggingforbooks.com.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment