Monday, July 29, 2019

Review: Dopesick: Dealers, Doctors, and the Drug Company that Addicted America

Dopesick: Dealers, Doctors, and the Drug Company that Addicted America Dopesick: Dealers, Doctors, and the Drug Company that Addicted America by Beth Macy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I like the programs where addicts can turn in their drugs in exchange for assistance with treatment. That seems like a great idea but not sure how often it would get used.
I knew this epidemic was getting big, but reading the statistics of ODs and deaths was shocking. I had no idea it was THAT bad.
It was interesting reading about the system Portugal has in place. I'm curious if that could ever work in America. It seems like it would be worth trying, considering the results they've had.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment