Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Invisible Ones by Stef Penney

I just finished reading The Invisible Ones by Stef Penney.  This was an advanced copy, the book will be available sometime in January.  I'm not really one for mysteries but I did enjoy reading this book.  The story takes place in England in the 1980's.  The main character is a half-gypsy P.I. who is hired to investigate the disappearance of a gypsy girl that occurred 6-7 years ago.  I really enjoyed this author's writing style and am tempted to go back and read her other book, The Tenderness of Wolves, even though I don't know anything about it.  Penney is a good storyteller.  There are plenty of twists and turns in the story to keep a reader's interest.  Some of them are more obvious, so you get that lovely smug sensation of thinking you've figured it out, and others you don't grasp until the moment she wants you to.  I recommend it.  Read it when it comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment