Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Keeping the Feast by Paula Butturini

This book has been sitting on a very large stack of "to-read" books for quite a long time.  I don't have a whole lot to say about it.  I enjoyed reading it.  Being someone who has family and friends that have been touched by the monster of depression, I found it a story that was very easy to relate to.  My version of this book is an advanced copy so I'm not sure if there was a bibliography in the final published edition, but I would have loved to see one with a list of all the cookbooks Butturini was referencing.  I ended up adding several more cookbooks to my Amazon wish list thanks to this book.  The big gripe I have is that books like this always make me want to visit Italy and I have no idea how many years it will be before I can make that journey. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment