Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The Secrets of Life and Death

The Secrets of Life and DeathThe Secrets of Life and Death by Rebecca Alexander

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Well, this started off interesting but it just spiraled downward with the weight of its ridiculousness. It held my interest when it was dealing with symbology but when it switched over to vampirism and added a superfluous love story plot line, it lost its hold over me. If I had not received the book free in exchange for this write up, I wouldn't even have bothered finishing it. The one thing that redeemed this story was the allusions to historical figures like John Dee and Erzsébet Báthory. I had not heard of either of these people before (oddly enough, John Dee was mentioned in a TV show I was watching during the time I was reading this book) and I would be interested in reading some non-fiction accounts of their lives.

This review is based on a free copy I received from bloggingforbooks.com.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment