Saturday, June 20, 2015

Seveneves by Neal Stephenson

SevenevesSeveneves by Neal Stephenson

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Oh. My. Frickin. Lord. This book was waaaaayyyy too long. Not only was it long, it was unnecessarily long. For every paragraph of plot and character development there was 10 pages of long-winded technological history (felt like it anyway). Although this does set the scene, I don't need that much scene. It was overkill. It was so detailed I couldn't follow it or imagine any of it properly in my own mind. There was obviously a ton of research that must have gone into this, but at the same time, it's fiction and all made up. Maybe I just read too many hyped up reviews. I'm just glad I'm done reading this book because it exhausted me.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment