Saturday, August 22, 2015

Review: A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail

A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail by Bill Bryson
My rating: 0 of 5 stars

I enjoy Bryson's writing style. This is the second book of his I've read now. Not only is he informative and educational, he's funny and entertaining as well. I honestly had no idea there was so much uninhabited space just in this stretch of the country. Even though you know there are parks out there, its very easy to forget how big this country is and how open these territories can be. I do think it would be nice if he included photos in his books but I imagine he had enough to carry on the AT without having to worry about lugging a camera around and keeping it dry. I definitely want to see the movie version of this when it's on dvd but I'm imagining they took some liberties with the story. We'll see.

This review is in exchange for a free book from blogginforbooks.org.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment