Friday, March 25, 2016

Review: What Would Lizzy Bennet Do?

What Would Lizzy Bennet Do? What Would Lizzy Bennet Do? by Katie Oliver
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book was fun. I'm glad there was a lightness to it, as that's what I expected based on the cover (I know, I know). The only beef I have with it was that it doesn't pretend like Pride & Prejudice doesn't exist (it's referenced liberally) and yet too many of the names of characters and places were the same. It felt odd. I think it works better if you change the references while owning fan fiction or leave all the references and pretend like the original novel didn't happen. That aside, I still really enjoyed the story and look forward to reading more from this author.

This review is in exchange for a free e-galley from Netgalley.com.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment