Saturday, May 28, 2016

Review: Me and Earl and the Dying Girl

Me and Earl and the Dying Girl Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Honestly, I wasn't really in the mood to read this book but I thought I'd read the movie was leaving HBO soon and I wanted to read this before watching it. With that in consideration, I was surprised this actually had me laughing out loud at parts. The narrative style is very casual and fun to read. Not really what you expect when the title mentions a dying girl as one of the characters. I was also glad that I didn't end up balling my eyes out. An emotional response is a sign of a strong story but crying gives me headaches and headaches make it hard to keep reading. Vicious cycle.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment