Friday, September 23, 2016

Review: Every Frenchman Has One

Every Frenchman Has One Every Frenchman Has One by Olivia De Havilland
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

As this book is about life in the 1950's, it's an interesting little cultural time capsule, in addition to being a great cultural comparison between America and France. I have heard of the author and know she was quite famous during this time period, when she was making movies. I don't think I've ever seen one of her films though. So without that sense of celebrity awe that sometimes taints memoirs of people we are fans of, this was just a lovely little read of a woman making the most of her challenges and facing them with a wonderful sense of style and humor.

This review is in exchange for a free copy received from Bloggingforbooks.com.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment