Thursday, February 21, 2019

Review: Presto!: How I Made Over 100 Pounds Disappear and Other Magical Tales

Presto!: How I Made Over 100 Pounds Disappear and Other Magical Tales Presto!: How I Made Over 100 Pounds Disappear and Other Magical Tales by Penn Jillette
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I learned a few things in this book. I learned that Penn and Teller don't really get along. I learned that Penn's favorite phrase to express dismissal is "Fuck him in the neck." And I learned about potato detoxing, which is an interesting idea and I might try it for a shorter amount of time. I'm not sure it will work because, as he points out, "You are getting this health information from a juggler." And to kind of sum up the whole thing: "You've finally done it. You found a book that has told you not to exercise. Too bad the book is written by an idiot." He does take a lot of diet advice from Joel Fuhrman though, and I do like him. All told, this is actually a good book, despite rambling a bit. You don't get many diet books that make you laugh.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment