Monday, August 11, 2014

38 Nooses: Lincoln, Little Crow, and the Beginning of the Frontier's End38 Nooses: Lincoln, Little Crow, and the Beginning of the Frontier's End by Scott W. Berg

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This book was very interesting for me because it involves the history of my home turf. The precipitating events that sparked off this story occurred very close to where I grew up and Little Crow was killed not far from where I live now. I thought this was a pretty fair telling of events. No one was blameless for what happened and it's really important to remember the mistakes that were made. The author did a really good job of intertwining the events of the Civil War that were also going on at the same time. I think this would interest a lot of history buffs, Minnesotans in particular.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment