Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Close Your Eyes, Hold HandsClose Your Eyes, Hold Hands by Chris Bohjalian

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


It's a bit scary how plausible this all seemed. It was so well written it felt more like a memoir than fiction. It's very sad how easy it is for us to take blame that doesn't belong to us, it can ruin our entire life and ultimately destroy us. The part of this book that really stood out to me was the story that explained the title of this book. I'm not sure it's a true story (probably is) but it's just heartbreaking, in its context and its simplicity. I was excited to read this book as it kept popping up in "best of" lists. I don't know if I'd go that far but it was very good and I would recommend it to anyone. It's a fast read and very believable.

This review is based on a free e-book received from NetGalley.com.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment