Monday, August 11, 2014

CaliforniaCalifornia by Edan Lepucki

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This book got a lot of hype thanks to Colbert and I was expecting something spectacular. It was pretty much just another relationship book disguised as a dystopia. Don't get me wrong, it was well written but it was nothing phenomenal. The ending was awkward. It seemed like it was leading up to a sequel and then it felt like the author changed his mind and just kinda wrapped it up. It was refreshing though to read a dystopian fiction that was targeted at adults. It seems like most novels of this sort are aimed at the young adult audience. I think White Horse is the last one I read that was worth the bother.

This review is based on a free e-book from NetGalley.com.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment