Monday, July 27, 2015

Review: It's So Easy: And Other Lies

It's So Easy: And Other Lies It's So Easy: And Other Lies by Duff McKagan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Guns n' Roses came onto the scene when I was a teenager and just discovering what my tastes in music were. They blew my mind. They were so different and the music was really unique. I ended up seeing them in concert during the second leg of the Use Your Illusion tour. I'd heard about the long waits and we had to wait about 2 hours before Axl decided to come out. I always wondered about the band dynamic and this book offers a great insight into what was going on. It's obvious Duff was frustrated by a lot of things that went on but he is never mean in his narrative. Not only is this an interesting perspective on the music scene of the times but this is a great cautionary tale about the dangers of drug and alcohol abuse. It's very impressive the way McKagen was able to conquer his demons and not only continue on with his music but pursue his education and begin business and writing careers. Very well-written.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment