Thursday, September 4, 2014

City of StairsCity of Stairs by Robert Jackson Bennett

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Wow. Actually a new idea for once. At least a new one to me. I really loved all the imagination that went into this story. I was worried it was going to be a bit too much like American Gods but it was very different. A darker, more edgy version of what happens to Gods that aren't worshiped anymore, what's more, what happens when those Gods are killed. Do humans create gods or do gods create their people? These are questions that everyone thinks about in some point in their life, I think. This was a very interesting, intelligent, and somewhat action-packed, attempt to answer those questions. It's a fun read. I almost wish this was going to be a trilogy, just so there'd be more, but that would probably ruin the tale.

This review is based on a free edition received from Bloggingforbooks.com.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment