Saturday, September 20, 2014

Enduring Courage:Ace Pilot Eddie Rickenbacker and the Dawn of the Age of SpeedEnduring Courage:Ace Pilot Eddie Rickenbacker and the Dawn of the Age of Speed by John F. Ross

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I have to admit, I didn't know anything about Eddie Rickenbacker before I picked up this book. I don't remember learning anything about him in school and his name seemed only vaguely familiar. It was only as I started toting the book around, and people would comment on it, that I realized how well-known he was and still is. While reading his story, it put me in mind of Louis Zamperini and everything he went through. There is little wonder their ilk was nicknamed "the greatest generation." This was a very fast read for fiction and I would recommend it to anyone. I have already passed my copy on for someone else to enjoy.

This review is based on an ARC received from the publisher.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment