Sunday, May 24, 2015

Hausfrau by Jill Alexander Essbaum

HausfrauHausfrau by Jill Alexander Essbaum

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I have to admit, the thought that kept occurring to me as I was reading this book was: I'm so glad I'm not this woman. She's self-destructive and unlikable but you still end up feeling sympathetic towards her. There were some other things I had wanted to read at the same time as this book, but I couldn't stop reading this one. As soon as I was ready to put it aside, a plot element would suck me back in. I have not read either Anna Karenina or Madam Bovary but I have heard that it shares similarities to both, so if you like those give this one a shot. If you haven't read them, I can attest that it is still excellent all on its own.

This review is in exchange for a free e-galley from Netgalley.com.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment