Sunday, May 3, 2015

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I knew this series was fan fiction based on the Twilight books but I didn't think it would be so similar. Personally I think Stephenie Meyer should sue for plagiarism. If nothing else, it would be amusing to see a Mormon housewife take a BDSM author to court. I think this book could have been interesting if it had been written by a psychiatrist or psychologist and had the issues explored from that angle. This, is just plain bad. It felt like most of the chapters should have begun with "Dear Diary,". I'm giving the book 1 star since you can't really give a zero star rating. I am giving the author 1/2 a star just for writing. I still haven't finished writing the stories I want to get to so I give her that. The other 1/2 star to the author is for putting her bad self out there. I takes a lot of guts to admit you have thoughts like these floating around in your brain, much less publish them for all the world to see. I don't like to encourage bad writing but I can't discourage guts and courage. You go girl!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment