Monday, May 11, 2015

The Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll

Luckiest Girl AliveLuckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


***There are spoilers, kind of.***

If you're in the mood for an overdose of irony, this might be for you. Me? Not so much.

I kept hoping the main character would redeem herself. When she described another character as a "nasty cunt," I gave up. I pretty much hated the narrator from the get-go but the hints at past atrocities were enough to keep my interest piqued. The little glimpses of intrigue kept me chewing on the soft pulp even though I was sure it was going to leave me with a worm in my mouth. Even after you find out about the horrible things that happen, you can't like the narrator because she was just as terrible a person before as she was after.

The author is a good writer though and has an excellent feel for drama.

This review is in exchange for a free e-galley from Netgalley.com.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment