Sunday, April 10, 2016

Review: The 13th Continuum

The 13th Continuum The 13th Continuum by Jennifer Brody
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm not sure this book would have nabbed my attention, as I'm a little worn out by the YA dystopia trend, but the publisher was so excited about this book that it made me a bit excited too. To be fair, once I started reading this, it felt more like old fashioned sci-fi than dystopia. It starts off from a point of ruin but works towards a place of hope. I also liked that there was a mixture of environmental challenges, from outer space to deep sea. This is one of those really well-crafted adventure stories that you can picture in your head, unspooling like a movie, as you're reading along. It would probably do very well as an actual movie. I can't wait to read the next book and see where it goes from here.

This honest review is in exchange for a free copy I received from the publisher.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment