Friday, July 8, 2016

Review: Approval Junkie: Adventures in Caring Too Much

Approval Junkie: Adventures in Caring Too Much Approval Junkie: Adventures in Caring Too Much by Faith Salie
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I feel like I should know this author since I used to listen to WWDTM all the time, I instant recall. Not that it really matters.
I wasn't sure I was going to be on board with this book at first. It begins with a lot of talk about the eating disorder she had when she was young. She talks about it from the mind frame she was in during the time, which is a bit disturbing. If you can keep in mind the premise of the book, it's easier to get past this but I just had trouble keeping that perspective. After that section of the book, it gets easier to follow her rhythm. It's a good story. It's a different take on a lot of the self-love books that are currently trendy. This feels more raw and honey.

This review is in exchange for a free copy received from bloggingforbooks.com.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment