Friday, July 1, 2016

Review: Love Is All You Need: The Art and Science of Non-Training Your Dog

Love Is All You Need: The Art and Science of Non-Training Your Dog Love Is All You Need: The Art and Science of Non-Training Your Dog by Jennifer Arnold
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

First off, I read the e-book, not the audio cd. I couldn't find the proper format listed for this title.

This book arrived to me with perfect timing. I brought my puppy home a few days before I started reading this and it just really resonated with me. I've never been one for dog obedience school (although I think they probably help in certain circumstances) and didn't do much training with my last dog. I wanted to have a happy relationship with him but I still wanted him to be doggy. I feel like people want their dogs to be a bit too much like people in their training methods. This book is not a training manual. It's not a how-to book. What lies at the heart is encouraging a strong bond with your dog, and all the rest will follow. I took a week off work to spend with my new puppy. Although we have been working on house training, the rest has just been bonding time. It's going great. Couldn't be happier.

This review is in exchange for a free e-edition from Netgalley.com.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment