Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Review: Midnight's Children

Midnight's Children Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I've had this book sitting on my shelf for 10 years or so and just never gotten to it. Then I decided to buy a ticket to a Rushdie reading going on later this month so I figured I better read at least one of his books before I went.
Not really sure how to describe this. It was very difficult to get in to at first. It was a lot of work. Mainly because it is just so dense and rich, not a bad thing. You do get into a rhythm after a while and it goes smoother and I found myself pretty wrapped up in the world. There's a great element of magic to it and Rushdie has a wonderful sense of humor that I wasn't aware of before now. The only thing this came close to reminding me of was 100 Years of Solitude.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment