Friday, January 9, 2015

The Heart of the Matter by Graham Greene

Heart of the MatterHeart of the Matter by Graham Greene

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I get a lot of newer books from publishers but I have stacks of classics on my shelves that I have yet to get to and really want to read. That is why I took a break and pulled this one off the shelf. I've never read any Graham Greene (I've seen some movies based on his work) and don't know much about him, other than it seems like infidelity is a big plot device with him. It took me a while to get into this book and locate it's strengths (almost to the end really, so stick it out) but it ended up being a really interesting character study. It could be placed pretty much anywhere at any time and it takes a while to realize that those details are interesting but don't really matter. It's the internal struggle everyone faces that makes this story so touching and poignant.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment