Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Prince Lestat by Anne Rice

Prince Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles #11)Prince Lestat by Anne Rice

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I don't know which of these is most true or if it's a combination of issues, either: I've changed a lot as a reader over the years, Anne Rice has not grown at all as an author, or Anne Rice has gotten worse as a storyteller. I'm sure I've grown since I started reading her as a teenager and I know authors have their ups and downs but it feels like it's been ages since we've had a really dynamic book from Rice. I love reading her and I feel compelled to know what's going on in these story-lines but it feels like it's gotten a bit stale and repetitive. She even repeats herself multiple times within a story. I don't know. I really want to like her books. I used to collect them even. This one, I knew from past experience would probably disappoint, I got from the library.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment