Friday, January 2, 2015

The Man Who Wouldn't Stand Up by Jacob M Appel

The Man Who Wouldn't Stand UpThe Man Who Wouldn't Stand Up by Jacob M. Appel

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Wow. Not really sure where to start. I gotta admit, the main character of this book is pretty awesome. I could completely relate to his predicament. I always hated being made to say the pledge of allegiance in school and I can't stand patriotic anthems. I've always thought that being forced to be patriotic is about the most unpatriotic thing you can inflict upon someone. Although I don't have a problem with other people's actions, it really bothers me when they try to impose their systems on me. I leave them alone, I'd like the same courtesy in return. So yeah, I get this guy. I was totally behind him and his outrage. Which means you go on a really weird ride with him when he processes his own reactions and follows the domino trail. Feeling sympathy for him you just can't hate him for his own bad decisions. It's a very strange place to find yourself. Not sure I've felt so thoroughly connected throughout such a train wreck before. Must be a sign of brilliant story-telling.

This review is based on a free copy obtained through GoodReads First Reads.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment