Tuesday, January 27, 2015

It Was Me All Along by Andie Mitchell

It Was Me All Along: A MemoirIt Was Me All Along: A Memoir by Andie Mitchell

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I found this book very easy to relate to. I've always had a dysfunctional relationship with food. When I was growing up, I didn't know anything about nutritional value or portion sizes. It was always, "clean your plate." And growing up in Minnesota with 9 months of cold weather, there was a lot of hearty comfort food. Being a book worm from an early age and not an athlete, I didn't get much exercise so I was a very overweight teenager with no information or understanding of what to do about it. So yeah, I didn't get as big as the author, but I understand what she went through. Her story was very well articulated and showed a great deal of self-awareness, even if it took her a while to get there, and her learning process could serve as a great study guide for anyone else finding themselves in a similar situation, feeling out to sea and looking for guidance. Really great story and a wonderful reminder of the importance of mindfulness.



This review is based on a free e-edition received from Bloggingforbooks.org



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment