Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Mist of Midnight by Sandra Byrd

Mist of Midnight (Daughters of Hampshire, #1)Mist of Midnight by Sandra Byrd

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This was a pleasant surprise. I wasn't sure if it was going to be a mystery or a romance or something else altogether but it ended up being a nice blend. It was a nice taste for the Jane Austen fan in me with a little dash of intrigue to spice it up. I was worried it was going to be a bit preachy (being the story of a Missionary's daughter) but it was very mild in that regard and I didn't get the Bible-beaten feeling I've had with some stories. I'm a little curious how this is story #1, as it feels like it was all nicely wrapped up. The rest of the series will most likely be about different characters and will all be read-alone capable if you choose, but that's just a guess.

This review is based on a free e-galley from Netgalley.com.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment