Thursday, February 12, 2015

If I Fall, If I Die by Michael Christie

If I Fall, If I DieIf I Fall, If I Die by Michael Christie

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I was pleasantly surprised by this book. It kind of started out as a cross between About a Boy and a Wes Anderson story. The chapters told from the mother's point of view really explain a lot of the plot but it was the son's chapters that really made the story for me. I loved the way his character described things. The comparisons and analogies were pure gold. The mystery aspects were very well done as well, they weren't completely transparent. It was wonderful watching the son develop through his story-telling abilities as he aged and grew more experienced in the world.

I think there are very few people who would not enjoy this book.


This review is in exchange for a free copy received from bloggingforbooks.org.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment