Saturday, February 28, 2015

The Voyage of the Basilisk by Marie Brennan

The Voyage of the Basilisk (Memoir by Lady Trent, #3)The Voyage of the Basilisk by Marie Brennan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I really love this series. The combination of dragons and the old-fashioned time period is perfectly wonderful. It marries two of my favorite genres and I can't believe no one thought to do this before now. I think I liked this one more than book 2. The area she travels to has a Polynesian/Hawaiian feel to it that I really enjoyed. I loved trying to figure out how to pronounce her made up words. I hope this series continues on and on. I also think it would be a lot of fun if Brennan actually published a companion copy of Around the World in Search of Dragons. I think I will need to obtain a paper copy of this book as the digital ARC did not have the wonderful illustrations that I love so much.

This review is in exchange for a free e-edition from Netgalley.com.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment