Friday, February 6, 2015

Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman

Shadow Scale (Seraphina, #2)Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


For some reason, I had thought this series was going to be a trilogy but it feels like it has been properly wrapped up now. Perhaps it was because when I started reading this, and for a long ways into it, it had that awkward middle-child book feeling to it. It felt like there was a lot of treading water even when there was action going on. I am glad they finally brought all the characters into play. I'd been waiting on one for a long time and I was happy to finally see him (if you've been reading the stories I'm sure you know who). I do admit, I liked the first book better but I really enjoyed finding out where all the paths led. As a whole, this story is really wonderfully imaginative and fun.

This review is based on a free e-galley from Netgalley.com.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment