Monday, February 8, 2016

Review: Drums of Autumn

Drums of Autumn Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I thought this one was a bit better and a faster read than her last two in the series. I didn't care for the way she would start chapters and from a different character's point of view and sometimes it would take a few pages to figure out who's perspective it was from. I also didn't like how she would abandon certain characters at the end of a chapter and they'd disappear for the rest of the book and you'd have no idea what happened to them (Lord John for a while, his ward for the entirety of the book). Otherwise, this was pretty good. I'd rather they'd stayed in Scotland as that's just a bit more interesting to me but the change in venue worked well for the story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment