Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Review: A Midwinter Ball

A Midwinter Ball A Midwinter Ball by Heidi Ashworth
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I must not have been paying attention when I requested this book or I wouldn't have asked for it. I just really don't care for novellas. There isn't enough time to fully flesh out the story, I'd rather have a full length novel. To me, most novellas have the feel of a novel that should have been but the author didn't feel like finishing. I got kind of the same vibe from these stories. They could have been excellent full-length stories and they languish in this format. The characters and setting are wonderful and they are well drawn and formulated. There is just not enough conflict and the conclusion is rushed.

This review is in exchange for a free e-edition from ebooksforreview.com.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment