Saturday, February 13, 2016

Review: That Girl, Darcy: A Pride and Prejudice Story

That Girl, Darcy: A Pride and Prejudice Story That Girl, Darcy: A Pride and Prejudice Story by James Ramos
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I had a few technical problems with the free e-edition I received, I imagine this was unique and not common. It kept disappearing on my kindle and I had to keep looking for it. I also had to bookmark my spot because every time I left the book and came back to it, it had not remembered my spot for me and started again at the beginning.
That aside, this was a cute variation on the P&P story. In this version, the characters are high school kids and the gender roles are reversed. It is obviously not nearly as good as the original (nothing ever will be) but for what it is, it is pretty entertaining. I liked the gender reversal as a tweak. There was also a nice parallel to Romeo and Juliet that worked well. Some of the characters were strange conversions. The girl that substitutes for Wickham just didn't strike me as threatening as she probably should have been.
All in all, not bad.

This honest review is in exchange for a free copy received from ebooksforreview.com.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment