Monday, March 23, 2015

As Red as Blood (Lumikki Andersson #) by Salla Simukka

As Red as Blood (Lumikki Andersson #1)As Red as Blood by Salla Simukka

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This was different from what I was expecting, in a good way. I was thinking it was going to be just another Snow White story but that was really just the hook, and it would still have been a good book without that hook. There was definitely a little Girl With the Dragon Tattoo vibe to it (that may have just struck me because of the location and the character Lisbeth was mentioned). There was a nice little mystery but it wasn't too over the top or ham-handed, it was simple and well managed. The back-story was an interesting surprise. I was imagining all kinds of different scenarios and the real one never occurred to me but made a lot of sense. This book would be good for both a YA audience and adults alike. I am looking forward to reading the second book in the series.

This review is in exchange for a free e-galley from Netgalley.com.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment