Saturday, March 21, 2015

The Miss Mirren Mission by Jenny Holiday

The Miss Mirren MissionThe Miss Mirren Mission by Jenny Holiday

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This started out feeling a little bit like Pride & Prejudice, with two very focused characters passing judgement on one another. But as the action of the story progressed, the action progressed, and I'm fairly certain that Miss Austen would have been appalled at the thought of a peer of the realm talking about "cocks" to a young woman he was seriously courting, spy or not. Sorry, I probably should have advised you of that spoiler but you probably would have seen it coming anyway (pun alert!!). But seriously, this was a fun read. The writing is excellent and it wasn't overly smutty. I would definitely read more of this author's work.

This review is in exchange for a free e-galley from Netgalley.com.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment