Monday, March 9, 2015

Wide-Open World by John Marshall

Wide-Open World: How Volunteering Around the Globe Changed One Family's Lives ForeverWide-Open World: How Volunteering Around the Globe Changed One Family's Lives Forever by John Marshall

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I wish I had the courage to do something like this. I've always wanted to travel the world but it always feels like there is something getting in the way. No money, no time, some other excuse. I've always wanted to travel and learn about different cultures and meet new people and see all the things you can't see without making an effort to get out the door. This book is a very good resource for people looking to travel and volunteer while doing so. The end of the book even provides an epilogue of how his family paid for their trip (I did skip reading that part). This also a nice book if you're looking for stories of personal growth and appreciation of interesting experiences (I never knew how to deal with a monkey clan before). If you like stories like Eat, Pray, Love you will enjoy this.

This review is in exchange for a free e-galley from Netgalley.com.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment