Thursday, March 26, 2015

As White as Snow by Salla Simukka

As White as Snow (Lumikki Andersson #2)As White as Snow by Salla Simukka

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Some characters are just shit magnets. :)
This doesn't really follow the Snow White story the way I imagined it would. The fairy tale aspect is a bit more tangential. I do really love the main character in these stories, Lumikki. She's very empowered and it's her life experiences that have made her this strong. The plot of this story is very different from the first, the location is even different, Lumikki is the only thing that ties them together. Seems like this series might have been thought out as Girl With the Dragon Tattoo for a YA audience (but it's really appropriate for YA and adults). I hope I can find a copy of book 3 somewhere but it doesn't look like it's been translated yet. These are a fast read and very enjoyable.

This review is in exchange for a free e-galley from Netgalley.com



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment