Sunday, April 26, 2015

A Short History of the Vietnam War by Gordon Kerr

A Short History of the Vietnam WarA Short History of the Vietnam War by Gordon Kerr

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I wanted to read this book because my dad served in Vietnam and I thought it would be good for me to learn more about it. This was an incredibly depressing read. I knew I wasn't going to get any happy, feel-good vibes from learning about this moment in history, but I did not expect to feel (not just sad) so depressed. That aside, I did almost give up after reading about a third of this book just because it was so dense I was having a hard time absorbing all the information. This is a book I would have to read quite a few times to get a good handle on all the information that is relayed. I imagine not everyone would have this problem, it's just how I process. I feel like I've not said anything good about this book but that's not my intent. This was very well written and obviously thoroughly researched. I would trust Mr. Kerr to give me an excellent short history on anything he chooses to write about.

This honest review is in exchange for a free e-galley from Netgalley.com.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment